lunedì 7 novembre 2016

Step 11: un documento

BLU ELETTRICO NEI DOCUMENTI 


A Madness of Angel è il primo di una serie di quattro libri che vedono protagonista lo stregone Matthew Swift.

Gli altri libri della saga sono "The Midnight Mayor", pubblicato nel 2010, "The Neon Court" del 2011 e "The Minority Council" del 2012 che proseguono la vicenda e le avventure di Matthew Swift.

E’ un romanzo urban fantasy il cui protagonista è Matthew Swift, che due anni dopo essere stato ucciso si ritrova di nuovo vivo nella sua vecchia casa. L'unico scopo di Matthew è sopravvivere e vendicarsi di chi l'ha ucciso ma dentro di lui vive qualcosa di estraneo, si fanno chiamare "angeli elettrici blu".

Anche la copertina del libro sembra richiamare oltre al colore blu elettrico, più volte citato e evocato nel libro, l'idea di "magia urbana", basata sulle luci elettriche, i telefoni, i gas di scarico e così via.


CITAZIONI DALLA SAGA

“My name is Matthew Swift. I’m a sorcerer, the only one in the city who survived Robert Bakker’s purge. I was killed by my teacher’s shadow and my body dissolved into telephone static and all they had left to bury was a bit of blood. Then we came back, and I am we and we are me, and we are the blue electric angels, creatures of the phones and the wires, the gods made from the surplus life you miserable excuse for mortals pour into all things electric. I am the Midnight Mayor, the protector of the city, the guardian of the night, the keeper of the gates, the watcher on the walls. We turned back the death of cities, we were there when Lady Neon died, we drove the creature called Blackout into the shadows at the end of the alleys, we are light, we are life, we are fire and, would you believe it, the word that best describes our condition right now is cranky".
― Kate Griffin, The Minority Council, 2012


“I was the apprentice of Robert James Bakker. I'm sure you've heard of him. I am a sorcerer. I was there when Bakker died. We... made it happen. I too have met death, and did not have to peel the bones away from my chest to survive the encounter. I am also, and incidentally, the Midnight Mayor, the blue electric angels, the fire in the wire, the song in the telephones, and we are having a bad week. Be smart; fear us.”
― Kate Griffin, The Midnight Mayor, 2010

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento